Our wedding was a weekend-long event planned with our guests in mind with months of DIY projects leading up to it and we could not be more thrilled with how it all came together! Saturday kicked off the celebration with a chartered sunset dinner cruise throughout the magical San Juan Islands with an epic sunset.
Sunday brought everyone together for our very moving rehearsal dinner, complete with best-man-turned-bartender, speeches and songs that brought happy tears, s’mores around a giant water-side fire pit, fire juggling and bridal keg stands. Our wedding Monday brought it all together and was yet another series of beautiful moments with everyone we love–it was the cherry on top.
We have so many memories from the weekend that made us husband and wife but the most amazing moments were built around our family and friends coming together, enjoying each other and the location, making new connections and continually asking what they can do to help.
Just a few highlights include: our groomsmen creating a driftwood teeter-totter in the middle of pictures, my two and half year old niece leading the whole dance floor, juggling with my dad, incredibly meaningful speeches from our loved ones, the couple who caught us on the dock and asked if we’d like pictures on their yacht, when I was suddenly lifted over the dance floor in a chair, a lively induction of Aaron into the “outlaws” and smoking cigars while navigating our marriage license.
We both felt so loved, celebrated and supported as we exchanged our vows and celebrated this new beginning of us as husband and wife!
- Photographer: Rennard Photography
- Reception: Roche Harbor Pavilion (San Juan Island, WA)
- Ceremony: Roche Harbor Sunken Garden
- Catering: Roche Harbor Catering
- Desserts: Cakes by Felicitations
- Hair and Make-up: Afterglow Spa
- Dress: J Crew
- Jewelry: J Crew
- Bride Shoes: Toms
- Bridal Shawl: Tome Boe (hand made by friend of bride)
- Grooms Outfit: Banana Republic
- Florals: Pike Place Market (arranged by Mother and Aunt of the Groom)
- DJ: DJ Doug
- Bride and bridesmaid bouquets: DIY by bride
- Groomsman Bouts/Pins: DIY by bride and groom
- Invitations/Stationary/Decor: DIY by bride